Nnamdi Kanu, 3 quotes Biafra fighter left us today after sacking the Judge

Leader of the Independent People Of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, claimed yet another scalp in court today--he got the Judge handling his case to hand over the files.

“We are only asking the judge to hands off; my client has lost confidence in this court,” blared Kanu's counsel, Chuks Muoma inside the federal high court in the country's capital.
Moments later, Justice John Tsoho acceded to the request of Kanu's legal team and withdrew from the case.
Said Tsoho as he tendered the case file:  “I have no interest in trying your matter and I will return it to the CJ, but I will condemn the attitude of that counsel. I do not care if you take your case to another planet.
"Even if I am cleared of any bias by the NJC, I will not continue with this case.”
Kanu was in triumphant mood much later, saying, "I will rather remain in detention than subject myself to a trial that I know amounts to perversion of justice.
“I will not have a fair trial in this very court because information available to me indicates that I will not receive fair trial before this very judge.”


It is the second time Kanu will see to the dismissal of a judge in his case. In December 2015, trial Judge Ahmed Mohammed, walked away from hearing the Kanu case after he was accused of bias by the defendant.
Surrounded by a throng of admirers and well wishers, here are three other things Kanu said in court today aside dismissing a federal judge:
1. "What we are fighting is corruption. It doesn't matter who's involved...once it's corruption, we fight it"
Doesn't that have a Buhari-esque ring to it?
2. "I want him sacked as a Judge"
Oh well, he got Justice Tsoho relieved of the case. Let's see if he goes one better.
3. "We would have preferred for this court to be fuller. All of you that came, thank you for coming. We are not going anywhere".
Oshey , Man of the People!
Kanu was arrested in October 2015 as soon as he set foot on Nigerian soil from his base in the United Kingdom; where he operated a pirate radio station which boasted a feral following back home.
He was slammed with treasonable felony, secession attempts, illegal possession of firearms and criminal conspiracy. 


ADVERTISE ON CDYMEDIA

Join Us On Facebook

No comments

Powered by Blogger.