Faith-Based Movie ‘I Can Only Imagine’ rakes in $17.1 Million


The biggest surprise of the Box Office is Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions’ Christian rock movie I Can Only Imagine.  The movie is about the story behind the multiple award winning song.

the faith-based flick is vying for an estimated $12.5M to $13M. We understand the raw gross right now for I Can Only Imagine is beating all titles, but of course as the hours go on, it will ease. There’s a ton of pre-sales in this film. Production cost on this picture before P&A was a thrifty $7M.

Budgeted at just $7 million, “I Can Only Imagine” tells the story of Bart Millard, the leader of Christian rock group MercyMe, and his conception of “I Can Only Imagine,” the best-selling Christian single of all time. J. Michael Finley stars as Millard with Dennis Quaid as his father in the film from directors Andrew Erwin and Jon Erwin, who was at the helm of 2015’s “Woodlawn” and 2014 “Mom’s Night Out.”



No comments

Powered by Blogger.